Full Name: Dr. Hassan Hussein Taha Al-Saeed Gender: Male Birthdate: 1968 Nationality: Iraq Degree: PhD Academic Title: Assistant Professor College\Center: College of Medicine
Departement: Chemistry and Biochemistry Major: Arabic Specialty: Clinical Biochemistry Occupation: Assistant Professor Mother Language: Arabic Other Languages: English Work email: firstname.lastname@example.org Personal email: email@example.com
Ph. D in Clinical Biochemistry 2004: Baghdad University, College of Science, Chemistry Department, Baghdad, Iraq.
M. Sc in biochemistry 1995: Baghdad University, College of Science, Chemistry Department, Baghdad, Iraq.
B. Sc. in Chemistry 1989: Al Mostansirya University, College of Science, Chemistry Department, Baghdad, Iraq.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
I have got good experience in both practical and theoretical chemistry. I have taught different topics in chemistry which included:
a. Theoretical Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry
b. Practical Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry.
c. Theoretical Physical Biochemistry .
d. Practical Physical Biochemistry.
Also I have got good experience in both practical and theoretical clinical biochemistry especially including a developed of each radioimmunoassay (RIA), radioreceptorassay (RRA), immuno radiometric assay (IRMA), and by enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) methods for determination different parameters such as tumor markers, hormones, enzymes..etc in tissues as well as in blood sample.
Since February 2013: Still as assistant professor of clinical biochemistry in Chemistry and Biochemistry Department, College of Medicine, AL-Nahrain University.
2008-2012: A Chairman of Chemistry Department and a lecturer in Biochemistry/ Clinical Biochemistry in the College of Medicine, the Syrian International Private University for Science and Technology, Syria.
2005- 2007: Lecturer in the Chemistry Department, College of Science, Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraq.
January 2005- October 2005: A Scientific Researcher in Chemistry Curriculum Unit, General Directorate of Curriculum/ Ministry of Education.
2000-2001: A Lecturer in the Chemistry Department, Higher Institute for Training Teacher, Zintan, Libya.
1998-2000: Assist Lecturer in the Chemistry Department, College of Science, 7th of April University, Libya.
Supervision: I supervised on the MSc thesis titled;
1. Biochemical studies of the binding of CA 19-9 to its antibody in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus using enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay technique ELISA with some modification.
2. Biochemical study of 27-hydroxycholesterol level followed by oxysterol 7α-hydroxylase (CYP7B1) in sera and tissues of some women with benign and malignant breast tumors;
3. Tetrahydroxy cholanoic Acid and Citrin with vitamin D3 and γ-Glutamyl Transferase (GGT) in Infantile Intrahepatic Cholestasis.
4. Study the kinetices of prolidase with vitamins A&D3 association with asthma severity in children.
5. Biochemical Studies of fatty acid synthase and it’s inhibitors in patients with prostate tumors
6. Evaluation of Serum and Urinary Neutrophil gelatinase associated lipocalin (NGAL), Vitamin D3 and Serum Apolipoprotein M, Serum Cystatin C, in children with nephritic syndrome.
7. Biochemical Study of Adenosine deaminase (ADA) as a Viral Marker and its inhibitor Morin with Procalcitonin and C-Reactive protein (CRP) as Bacterial Markers in Children with community-acquired pneumonia (CAP)
8. Comparison between HE4 and CA125 in abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB)
9. Study the Possibility of Using Adropin and Netrin-1 as Predictive Biomarkers for Early Detection of type-2 Diabetic Patients with Retinopathy
10. Study the association of serum fetuin A and plasma neutrophil gelatinase associated lipocalin levels with the presence and severity of coronary heart disease
11. Study the levels of serum Irisin and Myo-inositol oxygenase (MIOX) with the presence and severity of type 2 diabetic patient with nephropathy
Under supervised on the;
1. Biochemical Study of the Serum Myeloperoxidase Activity and its Inhibitor 2-thioxanthines derivative (AZM 198) Association with Cardiovascular and Kidney Disease Risk Factors in Pre-Diabetic and Type 2 Diabetic Patients
2. Estimation of Matriptase-2, Erythroferrone and Albumin Binding Capacity as Biomarkers of Erythropoiesis and Predictors in Response to Iron and ESA Therapy in Dialysis-Dependent Patients
3. Evaluation of Methionine, Folic acid and cobalamin in patients with Sever & Critical coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID‐19)
4. Albumin Binding Function and Endocan for Early Detection and Progression of Early stage Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
under and postgraduate (Higher Diploma, MSc Medical and clinical Chemistry, PhD. clinical Biochemistry)
Participation in many scientific and medical conferences inside and outside Iraq. Attendance and participation
Obtaining the title of first professor in a student referendum many times, in the Faculty of Medicine / the Syrian University, as well as in the College of Medicine / Al-Nahrain University
Also I supervised scientifically on the curriculum chemistry books for secondary school especially scientific sixth grades.
1. 2008-2012: A Chairman of Chemistry and Biochemistry Department and a lecturer in Biochemistry/ Clinical Biochemistry in the College of Medicine, the Syrian International Private University for Science and Technology, Syria.
2. Member of the Faculty of Medicine Board in the College of Medicine, the Syrian International Private University for Science and Technology, Syria.
3. Member of the examination committee
4. Head of the Student Club Follow-up Committee, the Library, and the Library
5. Quality Committee and the evaluation of university performance
4. Member of the Educational Guidance Committee
5. Member of the decisions registration committee for the first level
1. Hassan H. AL-Saeed and Sami A. Al-Mudhaffar. Development of an Immunoradiometric Assay for Determination of PSA in Benign and Malignant Breast Tumors., National Journal of Chemistry, 2009, volume 35, 572-579.
2. Hassan H. AL-Saeed and Sami A. Al-Mudhaffar. Spectroscopic Studies of Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) Molecule. National Journal of Chemistry, 2009, volume 35, 535-542.
3. Warka’a T. AL-Sa’adi, Anwar F. Al-Tai, Hasan H. Al-Saeed and Ali K. Mahmood. Effect of 1,3-Oxazepine Derivative on Alkaline Phosphatase and Lactate Dehydrogenase Activity in Healthy Iraqi Females Serum. J Fac Med Baghdad, 2015, Vol.57, No.3, 254-256.
4. Russul R. Al-Hamaoy, D. Hassan H. AL-Saeed, Dr. Mahmood Shakir Khudhair. A new method for the determination of dissociation constant (kd) on the binding of CA19-9 to its antibody in type 2diabetic patients by enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) with some modifications. International Journal of Advanced Research (2016), Volume 4, Issue 4, 710-719.
5. Zahraa Kadhim Mohammed, Dr. Hassan H. AL-Saeed and Prof. Dr. Anees K. Nile. A New Method for Determination the Activity of 25-hydroxycholesterol 7- alpha-hydroxylase (cyp7b1) in Ttissues of Women with Breast Tumors using ELISA Technique with some Modification. International Journal of Advanced Research (2017), Volume 5, Issue 9, 76-79.
6. Zahraa Kadhim Mohammed, Dr. Hassan H. AL-Saeed and Prof. Dr. Anees K. Nile. The level of 27-hydroxycholesterol and oxysterol 7α-hydroxylase (CYP7B1) in tissues of women with breast tumors. Accepted for publication in Iraqi Journal of Medical Sciences. Date of acceptance 15-12-2017 (No 1411).
7. Russul R. Al-Hamaoy, Dr. Hassan H. AL-Saeed, Dr. Mahmood Shakir Khudhair Determination of CA19-9 level in sera of Iraqi patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Mustansiriya Medical Journal 2019;18 (1) 20-3.
8. Seham A. Muhsen, Hassan H. AL-Saeed, Areej Abdul Abass ALOmrani. Study of the Association between Prolidase Enzyme Kinetics and Severity of Asthma in children, Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development, June 2019, Vol.10, No. 6
9. Mostafa M. Al-Bassam, Hassan H. Al-Saeed, Hala Sameh Arif, Correlation of Bilirubin and Alkaline Phosphatase in Infantile Patients with Cholestasis, Med J Babylon 2019;16:47-50.
10. Seham A. Muhsen, Hassan H. AL-Saeed, Areej Abdul Abass ALOmrani. Serum Levels of Vitamin A and D in Asthmatic Children, Biochem. Cell. Arch. Vol. 19, Supplement 1, pp. 2083-2086, 2019
11. Farooq Yaseen Khuhair, Hassan H. AL-Saeed, Laith Amer Abd-Al-Hussain. Serum Fatty Acid Synthase level in patients with prostate cancer and benign prostatic hyperplasia, Indian Journal of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, 2020;January-March Vol. 14, No. 1 pp. 564-568,
12. Mostafa Al-Bassam, Hassan H. AL-Saeed, Hala Sameh Arif. Serum Citrin and γ Glutamyl Transferase as Biomarkers for Infantile Cholestasis Severity. Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development. February 2020 Volume 11 Number 02 pp.2431-2436
13. Hassan H. Al-Saeed. Early Diagnosis of Brain Natriuretic Peptide (Pro BNP) and Ischemia Modified Albumin (IMA) Levels in Acute Coronary Syndrome Patients with ST Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI) and Non ST Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction (NSTEMI). Sys Rev Pharm 2020; 11(4): 482 490
14. Nehad Atea Jwda, Hasan Hussein Taha, Shatha Hussein Ali. Evaluation of Serum and Urinary Neutrophil Gelatinase Associated Lipocalin (NGAL) in Children with Nephrotic Syndrome. Medico-legal Update, April-June 2020, Vol. 20, No. 2: 467-472
15. Hassan H. Al-Saeed. Cystatin C as Alternative Markers of Renal Functions and High Sensitive C Reactive Protein in Early Diagnosis and Prediction of pre-eclamsia. Annals of Tropical Medicine & Public Health, Oct 2020; 20 (16)
16. Suhad Hameed Sahan, Hassan H. Al-Saeed, Areej Abdul Abass ALOmrani Biochemical Study of Adenosine Deaminase (ADA) and its Inhibitor Morin in Children with Viral and Bacterial Community-Acquired Pneumonia (CAP). Biochem. Cell. Arch.2020; 20(2)
17. Abdulla Baqer Sadeq, Hassan H. Al-Saeed, Ahmed Majeed Rasheed Study on the Levels of Serum Netrin-1(Ntn-1) in Type-2 Diabetic Patients with and without Retinopathy. Biochem. Cell. Arch.2020; 21(1)
18. Hiba khalid Zubiri, Hassan H. Al-Saeed, Moayed Basheer Hamed,. Association of plasma neutrophil gelatinase associated lipocalin levels as a prognostic indicator to the risk and severity of coronary artery disease. EurAsian Journal of BioSciences. 2020; 14, 6605-6610.
19. Saja Duraid Fae’q and Hassan H. Al-Saee., Evaluation of Cancer Antigen 15-3 and Human Epididymis Protein 4 Level in the Serum of Iraqi Women with Breast Tumors. Biochem. Cell. Arch.2021;21(1) 1501-1506
20. Marwa Abbas Abd, Hassan H. Al-Saeed, Arif Sami Malik. Study the Levels of Serum Myo-Inositol Oxygenase (MIOX) in Type2 Diabetic Patients with Albuminuria, Annals of R.S.C.B.2021; 25(3): 1488 - 1499